From the Division of Oil and Gas Resources
“2012 Ohio Oil and Gas Summary”
The summary states that during 2012 Ohio producers:
- Were issued 1,825 new Ohio drilling permits.
- Have 64,570 wells in operation.
- Are 5,836 registered well owners.
- Drilled an estimated 553 oil and natural gas wells in 44
of Ohio's 88 counties.
- During 2012, Ohio produced over 4.9 million barrels of
crude oil. Crude oil production averaged 13,628 barrels a
day in Ohio.
- During 2012, Ohio produced over 86 billion cubic feet
(bcf) of natural gas. Natural gas production averaged
237,726 Mcf a day in Ohio.
- Had a combined market value of crude oil and natural gas
production of over $706 million during 2012.